By: Carly Botelho, Marketing Communications Manager @carly_botelho
It’s officially December, and as no-shave November comes to a close and we recover from our turkey comas, we’re preparing to focus our attention on present buying and holiday cheer. While many of us recognize this as the season of giving, we can’t let you forget that E-rate season is still underway.
E-rate, a government funded program, allows schools and libraries to implement and update in-building network infrastructure. For most school districts, this funding is to make sure all students have reliable access to Wi-Fi to enable digital learning and improve student outcomes. However, the process to apply and receive funding can be a little tedious; therefore, many schools do not finish the process or submit forms incorrectly, leading to a loss in funding.
To help this season, we did extensive research to simplify and outline the 6 steps you need to follow to get your E-rate funding:
- Determine Technology Investments
- Start the E-rate Process by filing form 470
- Choose a bidder by filing for 471
- Complete a Compliance review with the Program Integrity Audit
- Start your project by filing form 486
- E-rate funds received by filing form 472 or 474
Follow these 6 steps to ensure you fill out every form required, correctly, and on time, while also fully understanding the process and what it entails.
Below, and here, view our infographic to access detailed instructions on how to complete each step. We included embedded links to bring you right to each form, as well as additional resources to make sure you have everything you need:
Get started applying today!
Not sure where to invest your E-rate dollars this year? Watch our on demand webinar, Why Choose Ruckus for E-rate Networks, to learn how our E-rate eligible technology provides the highest performing solutions for schools.
- How our technology provides the highest performing APs for schools
- Why our stackable campus switches are easier to manage than others
- The pros and cons of cloud vs. controller options